Chaska police found a loaded handgun in a snowbank on Christmas Eve after arresting a 40-year-old South St. Paul man who had allegedly been stealing mail in a residential area.
According to the Minnesota State Patrol, a bicyclist was killed while crossing an intersection on Wednesday, July 27, in Chanhassen.
Throughout the month of July, the Carver County Sheriff’s Office will be working in coordination with the state of Minnesota to provide extra patrols on the roadways to deter unsafe speeds, according to a press release.
Carver County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the following calls. This is not a complete list of incidents.
A former Renaissance Festival manager was found not guilty on two counts of first-degree sexual assault charges in Scott County District Court Tuesday afternoon, according to Scott County Attorney Ron Hocevar.
Around 5 p.m. May 29, the Carver County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call of a personal injury crash involving a vehicle and a bicyclist at the intersection of Rolling Acres Road and the Lake Minnetonka Regional Trail crossing in Victoria, according to a release.
A Carver County man has been sentenced to 40 years in prison, followed by 25 years of supervised release, for engaging in a child pornography and extortion scheme, the United States Attorney’s Office announced.
A Carver man was sentenced to probation in district court March 3 for his role during a September 2021 altercation at an Eastern Carver County School Board public forum.
Those charged with lower level offenses in Scott and Carver counties now have the ability to schedule a meeting with a hearing officer without going to court.
On Dec. 12, The Carver County Sheriff’s Office issued seven citations throughout the county for the sale of tobacco or tobacco products to underage people.
Trending Now in Chanhassen
- House passes 'Driver's Licenses For All' legislation
- Sheriff: Twin Cities teen dies after apparently being shot in Chanhassen; 18-year-old in custody
- County considers broadband funding options
- Local pastor asks 'hard questions' about life in new book
- Chaska-Chanhassen community uses sports events to support Kelsey Granowski and family
- Sno-Hawks benefit for Cologne man slated for March 4 at Dahlgren Golf Course
- Chanhassen's February Festival canceled due to ice conditions; medallion hunt still on
- Library, media selection policy approved at ECCS board meeting
- Kennedy Sanders, Anna Lenzen and Ashley Schuelke fuel Chaska girls basketball
- Service-based scholarship opportunity for graduating seniors