The Chaska Fire Department responded to a house fire on Monday, April 8 at Riverview Terrace Mobile Home Park.

Firefighters received a call at approximately 9:40 p.m. and extinguished a small fire according to Chaska Fire Marshal Kevin Gravalin. There were no injuries and firefighters rescued a small dog. The home was on Michelle Avenue.

The cause of the fire was likely electrical, Gravalin said, adding there was significant smoke.

“They put a small fire out that appeared to be in the area of the heating duct in the accessible space below the trailer,” Gravalin said. “It became a minor event; fortunately we were able to locate it quickly and get the fire put out.

The Shakopee Fire Department and Chaska Police Department also responded to the scene. There were about 30 firefighters.

The fire department cleared the home of all the smoke, but the family of four is not able to stay in it, according to Police Chief Scott Knight.

The American Red Cross is helping the family, which includes two adults and two children, according to a press release from the organization.


Staff Reporter

Alex Chhith is a staff reporter at the Chaska Herald. In her spare time, she enjoys walking her dogs (Cody and Sam), catching up on the Game of Thrones and finding new restaurants. Follow her on Twitter @AlexChhith.