On Nov. 23, the Jordan School Board approved a donation of $57,100 from the Jordan Booster Club at its regular meeting.
The donation, the largest the Booster Club has ever given the district since its inception in 2014, will go toward athletic and activity programs. Dubbed the "All-In Support" donation, funds will also go toward students in fine arts programs in the district.
According to a Nov. 24 press release, donations will help fund the following:
- Fund stipends for assistant coaches that are not on the Schedule C for the school district for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Upgrades and replacement for the theater sound system to include the main mixing board, processors, amps, and speakers in the ceilings and walls. It will also include new wireless microphones.dedicated to the auditorium with an intuitive control system.
- Upgrades to weight room equipment at the high school.
- Replacement of a Huddle camera to track individual performances.
- Purchase of reusable insulated capes for warmth when outside in the elements.
- Purchase of a basketball shooting machine.
- Purchase of uniform school branded shooting shirts.
“In these very difficult and challenging times, it's so critical the Activities Department has the support we do from the Jordan Booster Club," said Activities Director Joe Perkl. “We are very appreciative of our Booster Club members who volunteer their free time to support Jordan student activities.”