Fourteen Prior Lake High School French students won recognition in the annual “A Vous la Parole” French speaking contest held at the University of Minnesota on Wednesday, April 17, French teacher Jill Hanson-Follingstad said.
The contest drew 1,220 entries among students in seventh through 12th grades, Hanson-Follingstad said in an email. Students can compete in such areas as prose and poetry recitations, song or acting performances, or extemporaneous conversation.
The following students were awarded on a four-star scoring system: blue for four stars, red for three and white for two. All receive certificates.
- Bryanne Pinkowski: blue medal, poetry
- Sara Lam: blue medal, solo song
- Melissa Wyum: red medal, poetry
- Ena Mestry: red medal, solo song
- Sue Simphoukham: red medal, solo song
- Addi Gnos: red medal, solo song
- Clare Collins, Megan Monson, Taylor Kohlbeck, Paige Larson, Colin Fjelsted, and Sam Daley: red medal, group song
- Kassie Kodet: white medal, poetry
- Brooke Neary: certificate, poetry