These pages carry something nothing else does: local, timely, specific and important information about your town.
You may have read the front-page story by reporter Maggie Stanwood in last week’s Prior Lake American that detailed why two Prior Lake-Savage Area School Board members, Melissa Enger and Mary Frantz, were found in violation of board policy by their colleague, Chairman Richard Wolf, for quest…
With our recent announcement of a new paid election letters policy, we’ve received good feedback from readers — so good that we’re going to revise when the policy takes effect for various races.
Unfortunately, not all news is good news. Bad and downright ugly news has been reported far and wide, including in the Prior Lake American, in the past. But a story in our June 15 issue hit a particular nerve with some people in our coverage area.
With a Nintendo Wii, a large flat-screen TV and dance lessons on shiny hardwood floors left over from when the space housed a city-run dance studio, Club Prior has spent the last five years putting the “activity” in “older adult activity center.”
Trending Now in Prior Lake
- Two men charged in sexual assault of vulnerable adult at Mystic Lake
- Scott County sets tax levy limit at $71 million
- Prior Lake photo of the week: Snow-white
- Prior Lake shelter for sexually exploited youth raises money to buy its facility
- National Guardsmen return to Prior Lake after Middle East deployment
- Gaining some steam on the kick field
- Prior Lake High School student named National Merit semifinalist
- Jason Wedel offered Prior Lake city manager position
- Planners put townhome proposals in south Prior Lake on hold after traffic worries
- Letter: When did sports become the priority?