Working in the news biz, we have to be good listeners.
You may have read the front-page story by reporter Maggie Stanwood in last week’s Prior Lake American that detailed why two Prior Lake-Savage Area School Board members, Melissa Enger and Mary Frantz, were found in violation of board policy by their colleague, Chairman Richard Wolf, for quest…
With our recent announcement of a new paid election letters policy, we’ve received good feedback from readers — so good that we’re going to revise when the policy takes effect for various races.
Unfortunately, not all news is good news. Bad and downright ugly news has been reported far and wide, including in the Prior Lake American, in the past. But a story in our June 15 issue hit a particular nerve with some people in our coverage area.
With a Nintendo Wii, a large flat-screen TV and dance lessons on shiny hardwood floors left over from when the space housed a city-run dance studio, Club Prior has spent the last five years putting the “activity” in “older adult activity center.”
Trending Now in Prior Lake
- Photos: Joan Jett, Steve Miller rock Lakefront Music Fest day 1
- New leader takes over rising Laker program
- Prior Lake's Nelsen announces run against Albright for House
- Commentary: Mammoth steam locomotive to tour through Minnesota
- Developer wants to add 100 homes, boat slips to Spring Lake
- Mudcats snap losing skid with pair of wins
- Shorthanded Prior Lake Fire Department makes progress, chief says
- Updated: Faribault man dies in Prior Lake accident Wednesday
- Scott County Board OKs Highway 13/21 construction despite higher cost
- Prior Lake Police reports, July 2 to 9