Edinborough Avenue fire engulfs Prior Lake home

Tall flames and smoke were visible from across Lower Prior Lake Sunday evening after a local home was lost to a fire. 

A home in the 15200 block of Edinborough Avenue Northeast is a total loss after a Sunday evening fire engulfed the home, according to Prior Lake Fire Chief Rick Steinhaus.

Three people, including an infant, who were at the home during the fire were evaluated by Allina Health EMS for smoke inhalation but were not transported to the hospital. The fire is currently under investigation by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.

Firefighters from Prior Lake, Savage, Shakopee and Mdewakanton Public Safety, and Allina Health EMS and Prior Lake Police responded to the home on Edinborough Avenue around 6:45 p.m. Sunday, according to Steinhaus.

“It was wind-driven,” Steinhaus said Monday. “It was quite breezy last night, and the wind that was coming off the lake was blowing right into the back of the house where the fire originated from.”

The fire chief said the fire didn’t damage any other homes.

Reporters Christine Schuster and Meg Britton-Mehlisch contributed to this report.


Recommended for you