Free breakfast and lunch meals are available to children of all ages at schools in the Burnsville-Eagan-Savage district this summer, according to a news release.
The meals, which meet nutritional standards set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, are provided at no cost to children ages 1 to 18. Meals are provided on a first-come, first-serve basis and must be consumed on site; no registration is needed.
Breakfast is served around 7:30-8:15 a.m. depending on location; lunch runs around 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Locations are:
- Hidden Valley Elementary, 13875 Glendale Road, Savage, June 17-Aug. 1, Mondays through Thursdays. No meals July 1-4.
- Eagle Ridge Middle School, 13955 Glendale Road, Savage, June 17-Aug. 1, Mondays through Thursdays. No meals will be offered July 1-4.
- Burnsville High School, 600 E. Highway 13, Burnsville, June 17-Aug. 1, Mondays through Thursdays; breakfast 8-8:45 a.m., lunch 11:15 a.m.-12:45 p.m. No meals July 1-4.
- Edward Neill Elementary School, 13409 Upton Ave. S., Burnsville, June 12-Aug. 16, Mondays through Fridays (except first week).
- Sky Oaks Elementary School, 100 E. 134th St., Burnsville, June 12-Aug. 16, Mondays through Fridays.
- Rahn Park, 4425 Sandstone Drive, Eagan, June 17-Aug.15, Mondays through Thursdays (lunch only). No meals July 1-4.
More information is at isd191.nutrislice.com or 952-707-2051.
The Summer Eats Minnesota app, a free app available through the Apple Store or Google Play Store, offers other meal locations. Meal sites, times and days for the Summer Eats Minnesota program may change weekly.
Summereatsmn.org offers more information in English, Spanish, Somali and Hmong.