SAVAGE FIRE DEPARTMENT

Fire Calls

Feb. 6

At 3:31 a.m., firefighters were called to the 14400 block of O’Connell Road for a report of a fire alarm. The key holder indicated that they would not be responding. All fire units cleared the scene.

Feb. 8

At 7:42 a.m., firefighters were called to the 12000 block of Yosemite Avenue for a water flow alarm on a dry sprinkler system. Firefighters shut the system down and opened the main drain to reduce water running. Early indications are that the air compressor stopped working, allowing the valve to release. An employee at the property notified the proper authority to have the proper repairs completed.

Feb. 9

At 2:32 a.m., firefighters were called to the 4300 block of McColl Drive for a report of a carbon monoxide alarm going off in a home. Chief No. 3 arrived first and monitored the home, and after finding no carbon monoxide, he canceled all responding units.

At 7:30 a.m., firefighters were called to the 15000 block of Valley View Drive for a report of black smoke coming from the dryer. Upon arrival of Chief No. 2, all dryer exhaust appeared to be normal. The homeowner was advised.

Feb. 12

At 1:22 p.m., firefighters were called to the 7300 block of 132nd Street for a report of an oven fire. The fire was out upon arrival and all units were canceled.

At 2:06 p.m., firefighters were c alled to the 13700 block of Inglewood Avenue for a request by police to assist an occupant that got locked in their garage. The occupant had gone inside the garage, and while inside the garage door’s springs broke allowing it to shut. The occupant was unable to lift the door and there was no service door. Police got the occupant out of the garage prior to firefighters’ arrival.

At 3:04 p.m., firefighters were called to the 14400 block of Edgewood Avenue for a report of a smoke alarm activation by the alarm company. Upon arrival, the homeowner informed firefighters that the alarm was due to burnt food. All units were requested to cancel.

At 4:19 p.m., firefighters were called to the 13700 block of Glenhurst Avenue for a carbon monoxide alarm going off in a home. Windows were open upon arrival of Chief No. 3, who monitored the home and found low level readings. Chief No. 2 requested the gas company respond check for additional information. Firefighters advised the homeowners of the findings and cleared the scene.

Events