The events are the same and so are the strokes, but the dual meets are definitely different.
Nearly four hours long, Tuesday's Minnesota State High School League Board of Directors workshop produced little resolution in terms of a plan for the 2020-21 calendar.
Jackson Allen dreamed about being a Gopher. He was so ready to join the University of Minnesota men’s tennis program that after winning a state singles championship at Shakopee High School in 2016, he enrolled early, bypassing his senior year.
Mike Shebuski has evolved in his 15 seasons coaching the Prior Lake boys soccer team, but one simple message has always been clear.
The dobbers were down in the Chanhassen dugout. Trailing 3-2 in the eighth inning, 14 consecutive Red Bird batters sent down, a second Class B State Amateur Baseball championship game looming Sept. 6, a jolt was needed.
Baseball in Shakopee has been part of Bill Schleper's life for 40 years. First as a player for nearly a quarter of a century, the last 16 or so years working in the press box or just about whatever is needed at the field in Tahpah Park.
Megan Gossfeld remembers that feeling her senior year at the University of St. Thomas. She had been a member of the cross country and track teams throughout high school and college, what was next when she graduated?
The InSideOut Initiative aims to transform the current win-at-all costs culture in sports to more of a personal growth and development for today's young athletes.
The Minnesota State High School League gave two fall sports the boot to early spring due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Gov. Tim Walz has announced that this fall's 10th annual Minnesota Governor’s Pheasant Hunting Opener, set to be held in Fairmont, has been postponed to 2021.
Trending Now in Savage
- Savage police calls: Sept. 7-14
- Savage Mayor Janet Williams appointed to governor's new committee
- Climate group to host Senate District 56 candidate forum
- Savage's building department bustles with quarantine house projects
- Public notices from the September, 5, 2020 Savage Pacer
- Have a great neighbor? City of Savage accepting nominations this month
- Man dies following July motorcycle crash in Savage
- Drier spring, summer leads to pheasant rebound for hunters