Albert A. Van Bergen lost a leg to a German sniper in the battle for the Argonne Forest in World War I, one of the biggest and bloodiest battles of the war. For his service, he was awarded the prestigious Purple Heart medal.
According to a 2019 WalletHub study, Minnesota is the second-best state in the nation for working moms. But as COVID-19 restrictions continue and school is in full swing, balancing it all gets even more complicated.
Communities across the state will mark Veterans Day with breakfasts, speakers and ceremonies to honor those who have served the United States in war or peacetime.
Walk into West Middle School in the summer, when there are no backpacks or binders or books or braces on middle school students’ teeth, and you’d still recognize it as a middle school. The walls are coated with a fresh layer of paint, the cafeteria is sharp with bright colors and short table…
Information provided here is offered as a service through this paper in cooperation with the Scott-Carver Association for Volunteer Involvement. SAVI works to increase the effective use of volunteers to meet community needs throughout the area. Participation is open to all individuals and or…
Capt. Raymond R. “Rich” Delgado III, son of Marge McNeil of Shakopee, retired from the U.S. Navy in a traditional ceremony Sept. 21 at Stennis Space Center, after 32 years of service, the first two as an enlisted sailor.
Margarita is very friendly, affectionate, and outgoing with people she knows. When you sit she jumps into your lap and enjoys petting and brushing. She rubs up against your face and ankles. Margarita watches for you at the window, door greets, and follows your around. She likes interactive t…
Trending Now in Shakopee
- Perfect start for second-ranked Shakopee spikers
- Absentee voting begins for Shakopee Public Schools operating levy
- Shakopee runners try to keep pace on the early season trails
- Commentary: Shakopee Lions Club names September student of the month
- Letter: About the best pizza in town
- Masks debated at Shakopee School Board meeting
- Shakopee Alumni Association honors Hall of Fame inductees
- Sixth-ranked Shakopee continues to pile up points on the gridiron
- Apple Autos presents Ford Escape to veteran
- Commentary: Video game scores $55,200 for local business owner