Imagine sitting in the woods on a spring morning with wildflowers in bloom, trees budding bright green and birds overhead migrating back to Minnesota.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is asking for public input on deer population goals in 23 deer permit areas in eastern and south-central Minnesota.
The sports world paused and held its breath on the night of Jan. 2 when Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin suffered cardiac arrest and collapsed on the field during Monday Night Football.
The Shakopee wrestling team has been one of the premier programs in the state over the last five seasons and AJ Smith has been a big part of the success.
The Burnsville-Shakopee Nordic ski teams had some strong finishes in a South Suburban Conference classical race Jan. 10 at Hyland Park Reserve in Bloomington.
Golf facilities across all categories in Minnesota reported a decrease in golf rounds over the previous year by an average of 5.4%.
Winter trout fishing is another way to enjoy the outdoors along streams that meander through the scenic bluffs and hills of southeastern Minnesota.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has finalized an updated wolf management plan that incorporates the diverse views of Minnesotans and will guide the state’s approach to wolf conservation for the next 10 years.
The Shakopee boys swimming team looks to build its depth this season with hopes it can make some noise in the bigger meets down the road.
With winter weather hitting Minnesota the last few weeks, local riders are getting prepared for the upcoming snowmobile season and are encouraging more people to get out and enjoy the sport.
Trending Now in Shakopee
- Amazon closing Shakopee facility, impacting 680 employees
- Local crayon shop makes unique valentines ahead of Valentine’s Day
- Best Buy closing Shakopee store
- Shakopee Public Schools receives $750,000 grant for diversifying teacher workforce
- Remember When: Feb. 4, 2023
- Student of the month
- Shakopee police calls, Jan. 24-30
- Shakopee police calls, Jan. 17-23
- Judge presented with evidence, exhibits in Saborit murder trial
- Shakopee stays busy on the mat as the section tourney nears