Shakopee High School engineering student Hunter Gromniesch held a little second grade, bow-haired girl named Vianny upright as she beamed at what Gromniesch and two other students made her.
Jordan High School graduate Jack Hulet capped off his first semester of college last week with a trip to the Outback Bowl in Tampa, Florida on New Years Day.
We think every Minnesotan should be required to try lutefisk as a rite of passage. After all, the lutefisk capital of the world is said to be located in Madison, Minnesota, and the word “lutefisk” sounds even better when it’s spoken with a Minnesotan accent.
A vacant Victorian-era house, antics at the candy barn, the Minnesota Renaissance Festival — they were the topics of some of the most popular stories among the Jordan Independent readership in 2019.
Call it a sugar rush, but the activity never stops at Minnesota's Largest Candy Store — even when it's closed for the season.
Eden Prairie, with its plentiful grocery stores and restaurants, doesn’t qualify as a food desert, but it didn’t always feel that way.
A colorful, new mural at Harriet Bishop Elementary School spreads a message of love and inclusion after racist vandalism targeted a nearby neighborhood this fall.
MINNETONKA — Kate Marston has four dolls in her kindergarten classroom at L.H. Tanglen Elementary School. She ordered them a few years ago, making sure each doll represented a different skin tone.
SHAKOPEE — Kerry Kaufmann parked his Ford Explorer near the Minnesota River boat launch. His was the only vehicle in the parking lot, and he liked it that way.
The Pride Institute, in its small brick building on Martin Drive and Mitchell Road, is easy to miss from the road. But despite its “subdued presence” in Eden Prairie, as its Director of Utilization Review Ann Lieble describes it, the substance use disorder treatment and recovery center is th…
- Wahlburgers to open in Maple Grove next month
- Snowmobile falls through the ice on Lake Minnetonka
- Lion's Den restaurant/bar prepares to open in Victoria
- Commentary: Shakopee City Council gave no convincing reason for keeping ice rink closed
- Highway 41 receives $3.5 million grant for reconstruction
- Obituary for Kyle J. Hegna
- Story of an amazing Eden Prarie bus driver and awesome Eagles' basketball player
- Appeals court opinion says evidence in RenFest case would violate rape-shield law
- Medical examiner identifies man found dead in median along Highway 169
- Prior Lake Sportsmen's Club 2020 ice fishing contest set for coming weekend